How to Install a Car Battery
While car battery installation might seem like an easy process, there are a few steps you’ll need to take to do it safely. First, make sure you have the proper tools and parts: Wrenches, battery cleaning solution, a new battery, wire brush, pliers, and anti-corrosion spray are all essential. You’ll also want to wear thick rubber gloves to protect your hands. Lastly, always take care when moving the battery to avoid spilling battery acid. If you’re having trouble, reach out to Balise Kia for car battery installation near Chicopee.
Car Battery Installation Steps
- Begin with the engine turned off and the parking brake activated. Open the hood and locate the battery. First loosen the nut connecting the black cable (negative cable) from the battery using a wrench. Specific battery wrenches or pliers can make the job easier.
- Once the nut is loosened, twist and pull the cable off. If it’s stuck, don’t use a screwdriver or another tool to pry it off. This can cause damage to the battery.
- Using the same steps, remove the red battery cable from the positive terminal.
- The battery hold-down clamp keeps the battery from moving around in the engine. Loosen then remove it.
- At this point, the battery is ready to be removed. Take it out, but be careful to use both hands. The battery is heavy, and dropping it could cause an unsafe leak.
- Remove any corrosion that might be in the battery tray or hold-down clamp. Use a baking soda and water solution or a battery cleaning product.
- Take a wire brush and clean off the battery cable connectors with the same cleaning product.
- Now you’re ready to install the new battery. Place it in the battery tray and tighten the hold-down clamp.
- If you have anti-corrosion solution, spray it on the positive and negative terminal of the new battery before connecting. This can help prevent corrosion and extend the battery life.
- Attach the battery cables to the battery terminals, first connecting the red cable, then the black cable.
- Double check the connections to make sure they’re secure, then try to move the battery to ensure it won’t move.
- Start the car. If you have any issues, consult with the Springfield-area battery experts at Balise Kia.
Visit Balise Kia for Battery Replacement
Whether you need a new battery for DIY installation or prefer us to take care of it, you can turn to Balise Kia. We offer the CarCareOne card to make service more affordable along with service specials. Our service center is conveniently located near Westfield, and you can even schedule an appointment online.
More From Balise Kia
The 2019 Kia Sportage is offered in three different trim levels: the 2019 Kia Sportage LX, 2019 Kia Sportage EX, and 2019 Kia Sportage SX. With unique features in each configuration, drivers from Springfield and beyond can find the ideal model for their needs. Explore the Kia Sportage features today at Balise Kia. Contact Us More Info…
When shopping for a new Kia or certified pre-owned model near Chicopee, one of the things you’ll want to find out about is the Kia warranty. Warranties help save you money on necessary maintenance and repairs for a given amount of time, so it’s an important factor to consider. Kia offers an excellent warranty program,…
Keeping on top of your Kia Sorento maintenance schedule is crucial in ensuring your vehicle is safe on the roads in Springfield. Be sure your 2019 Kia Sorento is getting the care needed by our factory trained technicians at our service center at Balise Kia. Contact Us Schedule Service Kia Sorento Maintenance Schedule Depending on your…