What’s Covered in the Kia Optima Warranty?
Kia makes it a point to cover all it can. That’s why the powertrain and basic warranties cover many parts for up to 10 years depending on the warranty. Take a look at the different warranties, how long they last, and if they’re transferrable before making your choice on a new Kia Optima from Balise Kia.
Kia Basic Warranty
The Basic Kia Warranty—including the Kia bumper to bumper warranty—covers your Optima for 5 years or 60,000 miles after your vehicle’s first service date, whichever comes first. This covers everything except wear and tear damage and maintenance, including many interior features. To be sure of everything this includes and excludes, be sure to check your Optima owner’s manual as this will have updated information for your specific model year and trim level.
Kia Limited Powertrain Warranty
The Kia 10-year/100,000 mile warranty program of powertrain coverage starts after your Optima’s first service. As with the basic warranty, this doesn’t cover wear and maintenance. However, it does cover:
- Engine: Cylinder block, cylinder head and all internal parts, timing gear, seals and gaskets, valve cover, oil pump, water pump, flywheel, and turbo charger
- Transaxle: Drive shafts, bearings, seals and gaskets, front hubs, and universal joints
- Axle: Axle shafts and C-V joints, hub and wheel bearings, and seals
- Transmission: Transmission case, seals, gaskets, torque converter and all internal parts, and transfer case
- Differential: Front and rear differential assemblies, cases, all internal parts, and seals and gaskets
- Propeller Shaft: Universal joints and drive shafts
Is Kia Warranty Transferable?
While the Kia 10 year/100,000 mile warranty program is available on most pre-owned Kia models, the Powertrain Limited Warranty isn’t transferrable. So when you’re looking to sell to the next Kia owner or get into a pre-owned Kia vehicle yourself, keep in mind that not all of the warranties will carry over to a used model.
Visit Balise Kia for More Info
When you decide the Kia Optima is the model for you, be sure to make the trip to Balise Kia near Springfield. We can help answer any warranty questions you may still have. Contact us today!